Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A re-cap of the day

This morning I woke up at 6am and I took a shower. At 7am I woke Lillianna. She was reluctant to get up so I took her pink bear and her purple bear and made them dance on her head. She stopped being grumpy and giggled and asked for the bears to sing a song.They did. Then I asked her to help me get Rich out of bed. I challenged her to a race. One, two, three.....off she went. We woke up Rich. I helped Lillianna put on her heavy tights and long warm dress. She brushed her hair and I put it in a ponytail. Lillianna hugged and kissed me and we snuggled for a few minutes. I poured her a bowl of Frosted Flakes and I sat across from her and we talked. While she brushed her teeth, I packed her snack,juice and lunch money and put everything in her backpack. I got out her heavy coat and zipped and buttoned it to the top. I wrapped her warm fringed scarf around her neck and helped her on with her mittens.
We said good-bye to Rich who said he wasn't feeling well.
I hugged and kissed Lillianna and dropped her off to school before heading to work.
On my way home from work, Rich called and said he threw up twice and was on his way home.

At 1:50pm, I picked Lillianna up from school and gave her a big hug and kiss. When we got home I gave her a snack and then we read Anne of Green Gables on the couch all snuggled up for an hour. It was lovely.
There is a reason I am telling you all this. So far Lillianna has talked to her Papa and my sister Kara and her re-cap of the day goes like this....

"Well, Mom forgot to send me to school in a hat and it was freezing out and Daddy threw up!" End of story! How the heck did she miss all the rest??????

Do you and your children have a different memory of the day's events?

No comments: