Friday, January 21, 2005

The "outing" of SpongeBobSquarePants

I have turned a deaf ear to the Brad Pitt/Jennifer Aniston situation because quite frankly, I don't give a damn about these movie stars. They aren't friends of mine, I don't know them and their life has nothing to do with mine. That being said, I just can't turn my back on the SpongeBob issue.Is he gay? Is he promoting a gay lifestyle to unsuspecting children who will clearly be influenced by, you know.....a sponge!!

If he is living happily with his friends, why do we have to pick his lifestyle apart?
A family is what you make it. Some of our family are people we are not related to. They are our close friends who we love as family.

I don't watch SpongeBob's show, although Lillianna does, and if he is promoting kindness and friendship then leave him alone. I hate to break this to anyone but SpongeBob is a cartoon! He can't make lifestyle choices. A cartoonist may be able to do that but "Bob" is not real.So if the public at large wants to make a big deal out of SpongeBob being gay (and how is that even possible since he is not real?) then I say, "If you have this much free time on your hands,go volunteer at a hospital or homeless shelter. You have to get a life."

Even if there were to be an episode where SpongeBob is French kissing another male sponge I wouldn't get hysterical. They are sponges. Put it in perspective,people, ok??

How do you feel about this situation?

No comments: