Wednesday, January 12, 2005

One more day of rest

I woke Lillianna up last night at 11:00pm because her 5 hour nap was worrying me.
It took a few minutes to get her to wake up and then she looked very confused.

"Hi Sweetie. You slept through dinner. How are you feeling?" I asked.

"What? Huh? I missed dinner? I'm hungry. Can I please have my chicken cutlet now?"

"Uhm, well, no. It's 11:00pm," I explained while trying not to laugh and gag about eating chicken so late at night.

"What? Oh my god, what happened to me?" she asked in a panic.

"You kind of took a real long nap."

She then became frightened about sleeping so long and she sat up and hugged me. I reassured her that she would be fine. Her body must still be sick and just needed a rest. I fed her some Frosted Flakes without milk and some Gatorade, which was suggested by her pediatrician last year when she was sick. Then she snuggled into bed with me and watched tv while I went to sleep.
When I woke up at 3:00pm she was thankfully sound asleep,so I turned off the tv.

This morning she feels fine but I am keeping her home just one more day. This stomach bug is making it's way through the entire student population and I want her to rest, just to be on the safe side.


No comments: