Thursday, August 05, 2004

An uplifting message

My wonderful friend,Liane, sent me a beautiful card that I wanted to share with all of you.
I have been really frustrated lately that things don't seem to be going in the direction I was hoping they would go in. We work and work and work and still we struggle just to keep our head above water. When will we get a break?

When I received this card from Liane today it made me feel better. It gave me hope.

(The front of the card reads:)

God Bless Those Blessings in Disguise.

God speaks to us through toilet paper on shoes,runs in stockings,and life's humiliating experiences that keep us laughing at ourselves along the way.

God speaks to us through long lines,and traffic jams, and all the annoying little inconveniences that make us slow down and take a deep breath.

God speaks to us through flat tires,bounced checks,broken appliances,and all the little "last straws" that make us say,"I give up" so He can finally take over.


(The inside reads:)

Knock!Knock! Who's there? You know who.
Hold on tight. God is up to something wonderful for you.


Now maybe you don't believe in a higher power(call it any name you want), but I do and this really helped me re-focus for the day. I can go to work with the knowledge that even though I may not be able to understand why things have to be so difficult at times, there is a reason to all of it.

Do you believe in a higher power?

No comments: