Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Do you believe in magic?

Yesterday I worked from 8am-12pm at the ophthalmology practice where I have worked for the past 14 years. I was supposed to leave at 12pm but an emergency patient came in at 11:30am and I agreed to see her rather than let another technician take the chart.

The patient was a 75 year old woman and she was very chatty. She said she wanted me to choose one of her lucky stones. I chose a clear stone with a blue center which actually looked like blue puckered lips. I thanked her and said, "I will take luck any way I can get it!"

At 6pm I called Rich to see what he wanted for dinner and he asked if I wanted to go out for dinner. I asked, "Why, do you have money?" He said, "Actually I do. I won $100 on a scratch ticket."

Let me explain about Rich's scratch ticket history. If he buys a scratch ticket just for fun he usually doesn't win.If he hears a voice and gets a feeling then he always wins! It's ok if you don't believe that but I have 10 years of proof.(Kristy, if you're reading this, back me up!) Apparently he got a feeling that he would win and he did. I was so happy that I didn't have to make dinner. Rich took us to Dave's Diner which is such a cool and fun place.The food was delicious as usual and we had a wonderful time as a family.

Rich always shares his money with us no matter how much or how little he wins. He has been laughed at by co-workers for telling me about his winnings but I think it proves what an honest and kind person he is. I did ask him what time he won the money because I wanted to see if it was before or after I was given the "lucky" stone and it was 3 hours after. Coincidence?

Do you believe in magic?
Do you share lottery winnings with your spouse?


No comments: