Thursday, August 12, 2004

Waking up stressed!

I imagine some people wake up slowly from a good night's sleep, rub their eyes, stretch and get out of bed to start their day. Other's wake up to the obnoxious ringing of their alarm clock or loud music from their clock/radio.Some wake up happily, ready to embrace the morning. Other's throw a heavy object at the offensive alarm yelling, "Bite me!" as they pull the blanket over their head.

This morning I woke up suddenly in a panic and the only thought on my mind was, "Where the hell did I put my Capital One credit card bill??????????" I knew it was due soon. I had seen it on the dining room table. It hadn't been in my "pay this next" envelope when I paid the bills Monday night. If it is late by one day, the rate is increased. I ran around looking for it. "Find the bill. Find the bill. Think! Think!" my brain screamed at me.

I rummaged through my files to see if I filed it without paying it. Nope. I called Capital One to see if the bill was sent. It was. I said, "I misplaced my bill.I am going to send it today without the paperwork. Is this the correct address?" She said it was and it actually wasn't due until August 24th. I wrote the check, addressed the envelope and put it near Rich's keys so he would mail it on his way to work.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness I remembered to pay it! I hate waking up in a panic with stress on my mind.

What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?

No comments: