Sunday, August 01, 2004

The grass is always greener

It is said that if you were to write down all of your problems on a piece of paper,put them in a hat with other people who had done the same,then asked to pick someone else's problem from the hat, once you saw what you had picked, you would immediately throw it back in and beg for your own problems back.

Sometimes going to work is so simple and routine: take a message and page the doctor or appropriate person,transfer a call or answer a question. Other times the calls come in with one heart wrenching situation after another. People calling in who can't find their loved ones, "Can you check the E.R.?" they ask, trying to hold back their fearful tears. I had 3 calls like that last night. Each one stopped my heart. What a horrific call to even have to make.

There were so many other distressful calls and I left work with such a heavy heart last night. That made me think about the things I am worried about in my own life. I wondered if I should get some people together and put our problems in a hat and......never mind. I think I will just keep my own and be grateful for what I do have.

I am thankful for my loving family.
I am thankful for wonderful friends(near and far) and for internet friends who have been supportive since I began blogging.
I am thankful that I have a job that I enjoy.
I am thankful for good health(knock on wood) and
I am thankful that I can write a list about what I am thankful for!

What are you thankful for?

No comments: