Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I'm getting 8-16 inches on my birthday!

Well it's that time of year again. Tomorrow,February 9th is my birthday which means I can expect snow! Sometimes it's only a flurry,other times it's a full blown blizzrd. My 15th birthday was The Blizzard of '78. We were house bound for a week. My sister,Kara was 4 years old and the snow drift in front of our house was way over her head.

In 1986,I celebrated my 23rd birthday in Israel. A week before,I warned everyone that it would snow on my birthday.Everyone laughed at me. "Robin,you are in Israel. It does not snow here,"all my Israeli friends explained to me.
"Yes,I know where I am but I always have snow on my birthday. As far back as I can remember it has always snowed for me!" No one believed me.

On the morning of my birthday,from 8:00am-8:15am there was a sudden hail storm. Everyone was surprised. Some of the teenage children said they had never seen hail before. I stood outside and laughed as the hail stones bounced around me. Maybe it didn't snow where I was but I felt like G-d wanted to wish me a happy birthday so he made it hail.

The weather forecast is saying that snow will begin tomorrow night and continue through to Friday. The prediction is 8-16 inches.When we heard that on the news this morning,Rich asked,"Does snow just follow you on your birthday?" All I could say was, "Yes it does!"

No comments: