Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Honeybells

Yesterday,my mailman rang my bell and told me I had a package. When I got downstairs he said,"Looks like someone sent you some fruit." I was thrilled. I had never received fruit before. It was from Mom. I brought the box upstairs and Lillianna and I opened it.(She was home sick from school.)

The box contained beautiful orange honeybells. I had never heard of honeybells but we love oranges so I peeled one for Lillianna. It was like trying to peel orange juice. The juice dripped all over my hand and the kitchen counter. Lillianna managed to eat what was left of the fruit although she would've gotten more vitamin c if she had just licked the counter.I learned that slicing the honeybells instead of peeling them worked out much better.

These honeybells are simply delicious. They are only around in the month of January,so once they are gone,I have to wait until next year. I hope Mom sends them again. I am going to miss these delectable fruits. If you have never had the pleasure of eating a honeybell,I suggest you try one. Your life will never be the same.
Have you ever had a honeybell?

No comments: