Sunday, February 13, 2005

I wouldn't have picked me for a wife

I guess there are days when I am not sure why Rich married me. I hate cleaning. I do the basics because I would hate to have our apartment condemned by The Board of Health. Do they condemn apartments or only houses? Would I just be evicted by the rental office? Anyway,right now the t.v. in our bedroom has close to 5 inches of dust on it. I occasionally blow on the screen to clear it and that seems to work until I can find the energy to actually dust it. I wonder when that will be.

I also hate to cook. I mean, I do cook but I don't enjoy it. There are only a few meals that all three of us will eat so it just isn't fun to prepare a meal.Luckily Rich isn't fussy. Worst case scenario,he will pour himself a big bowl of cereal and happily munch on that for dinner. On the nights that I am home,I do provide some type of proper meal,even if it is only hotdogs or BLTs.

Last night I came home from work tired and grumpy and if I had a cat I probably would've kicked it.(No hateful comments from animal lovers,please.It's just a figure of speech!) Instead I yelled at Rich because *I* lost something and couldn't find it! Rationally I know he had nothing to do with it but his lack of hysteria over my lost object was pissing me off. I was fueled with fury and his response was,"Well,if it's lost,it's lost." UGH!!!!!!! It can't be lost!!!!!!! That was the whole point!!! I have to find it!

Rich realized my nerves were frazzled beyond belief so he told me to lie on the couch while he rubbed my feet. It was hard to focus my anger on him while he was trying to make me feel better. It's a nice trick and it worked. He's clever like that. Don't get me wrong,Rich is not perfect (sorry honey!) but he doesn't get as grumpy and irrational as I do at times. Since he clearly didn't marry me for my cleaning skills or cooking ability and most definitely not my even tempered personality,I wonder why the heck he did marry me.

Are you a good spouse?

No comments: