Friday, May 05, 2006

When will it get better?

I have been hanging on for years. When I realized we needed more money 3 1/2 years ago I got another job. Between the two of them I work 30 hours a week. I am also a stay-at-home mom if it doesn't matter that I don't really stay at home. I work around Lillianna's school time and I am gone all weekend but I am home every day after school for her.
Rich works 40 hours a week at a job he hates but he hasn't found anything better in the past 3 years.

Today,I was bombarded with bills and I nearly burst into tears. Everyone wants my money and I just don't have it to give,no matter how hard we work. I still have a pending doctor's bill from when I was sick in Florida in November. I am being billed by one of my jobs for an exam that I had there even though every other exam in the past 16 years has been free. Now they say my insurance won't pay and I need to pay it. So much for that perk! It's the last one they offered and now that's gone! Lillianna's pediatrician just sent me a bill from March for the balance of a strep test.The bills just go on and on.

It's very depressing and Rich always promises that it's going to get better. I always believe him and then things stay the same or get worse.I need to know when will it get better?

How do you deal with being overwhelmed by bills?

(Hula,if you read this...please don't tell me to do the bills naked....too many paper cuts!)

No comments: