Friday, May 19, 2006

I have seen the enemy and it's name is Pollen!

I have been really lucky this year (knock on wood) because I didn't have the 3 sinus infections/flu that I get every winter. I chalk that up to the Pneumonia shot and Flu shot that the nurse practioner made me get in December. She said that it's worse being sick when you have diabetes so she strongly suggested I get both. I did.

So here we are in May,five months after my shots. I stayed healthy all winter but yesterday at work,I started to feel congested and my throat hurt. This morning I got out of bed at 3:30am due to my post nasal drip which caused excessive choking and coughing.My ears are blocked. My nose is stuffy and my throat is still dripping.I think it is due to the high pollen count. Damn pollen!!

I have been using my prescription nasal spray,Sudafed and sugar free Robitussin cough syrup. That usually gets me back on track. I sure hope it works fast since Lillianna's dance recital is at 12:30pm tomorrow.

No comments: