Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Shopping trip

Over the past 7 months, I have bought one pair of pants and 3 t-shirts for myself. Right now,those are the only clothes that actually fit me. Luckily, I had clothes in my closet that were a smaller size than I was in November and they still had the tags on them,so they were new to me. I thought I looked ok in them until Kara saw me at Lillianna's recital last weekend. She gave me the once over,laughed,and said,"You have to buy some new clothes. Those are way too big on you!"

Sometimes I don't realize how big a difference losing 49 pounds has made. I often look in the mirror and just see this overweight person who needs to lose another 50+ pounds. The reality is,49 pounds is a lot of weight. Lillianna weighs 52 pounds. When I look at her and realize I basically lost the weight of my 8 year old child,it kind of puts it in perspective.

After school today,we are heading to Wal-Mart so that I can buy a pair of jeans, a couple of pair of pants and maybe a couple of shirts. This is my first shopping trip in a long time and I am nervous and excited.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments: