Wednesday, July 07, 2004

When do you consider your child's clothes to be dirty?

Rich and I seem to be having somewhat of a debate over clean and dirty clothes. For adult clothes I think the answer is quite simple but for Lillianna's clothes there is controversy.

This morning we planned to wake up early to clean the apartment. We are constantly in and out of here so things get thrown around instead of put away immediately. It drives me crazy. I hate to live in chaos. My life is crazy enough. I don't need my living space to push me over the edge.

I was trying to hang up Lillianna's skirt set that she had worn yesterday but I couldn't find it. I asked Rich if he had thrown it in the hamper even though it was clean!
He said he did because it had been thrown on the living room rug. I realize the rug needs to be vacuumed ( I will get to it as soon as I am done with this post!)but the filth police do not come out at night and dump dirt and debris on skirts which are left on the rug! That skirt was perfectly clean!

I put Lillianna's clothes in the hamper if they have a stain on it: food,grass,dirt...whatever. She is 6 1/2 years old! A clean skirt doesn't get thrown in the hamper just because she wore it! Rich can't understand this so maybe I am wrong. (Ya, what are the odds?)

So let me know your opinion. When do you consider your child's clothes to be dirty?

No comments: