Monday, July 19, 2004

Child Abuse

I read this yesterday.(You have to scroll down to the second story.) I was shocked! Absolutely shocked! And I was furious!!! Ya, 3 exclamation points for being furious!!!

I don't know what the situation is in this family but isn't this similar to what happened with Andrea Yates? Something is clearly wrong with the wife and the husband plays along! No normal parent would lock a 5 year old child in a room until Mommy got out of bed. Whenever the hell that might be. How scared must this poor baby be? I don't even want to think about it!

I occasionally take a nap in the afternoon (maybe once a week if I am lucky)but Lillianna is either in my room on the computer or watching tv in the living room.(We are in a 2 bedroom apartment so she can't go far.) She wakes me up a million times during my "nap" to either kiss me, ask me a question or tell me something that can't possibly wait until I am awake. There is no situation where I would lock her in her room.

I am glad Dear Abby suggested that the grandmother call DSS.
What would you do if you knew that this was going on in your family?

No comments: