Friday, April 07, 2006

Old movies. Old memories.

I just want to say I simply adore Dick Van Dyke. I always have and I always will.He is dashing and very talented. Looking at some of his dance moves and his energy is just amazing.
Lillianna and I were watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang tonight when she fell asleep. I had to keep watching because this movie has a special meaning for me. This is the first movie that I remember going to as a child.

I was 5 years old when this came out. The theater seemed so huge and dark when Mom and I went to find our seats. I remember there was an intermission half way through the movie. It was very exciting for me.

I miss old musicals. The dancing and singing always intrigued me and it made me want to get up and join in. Thank goodness for Disney's new movie High School Musical.
We love that one. It's funny and energetic and the cast is so talented. The last song,"We're all in this together" is the finale in Lillianna's dance recital this year. They use a lot of steps from the movie.
Maybe there is hope afterall.

Do you like old fashioned musicals?
Have you seen High School Musical?

No comments: