Thursday, April 06, 2006

Lost and found

Yesterday I was looking at a picture of the 3 of us which was taken at Chef Mickey's,the morning my pancreatitis attack started. I took a good look at that picture and then I asked Rich,"Do you really think I look any different now than I did in this picture?"

I know I have lost 44 pounds and I do feel much thinner,but I didn't think I looked different from this picture.I squinted at the picture. Nope. I didn't see any change at all.

Rich took a good look at it and said,"Well, you don't have the double chin anymore....see?" He pointed to something on the picture. I was stunned. I knew I was way overweight but a double chin? Me?? I didn't have a double chin....did I? YIKES! I did.Why didn't anyone tell me? I was happy to have lost that extra baggage. No one needs two chins!

Later in the day, I was talking on the phone to my friend Barry and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I had my head tilted a certain way and I couldn't believe what I saw. I have cheek bones! They may not be as easy to see as I might like but I saw them. They actually exist!!

I lost a chin and I gained some cheek bones. I think that is a good balance! Don't you?

No comments: