Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Not so good advice

I am in my local supermarket practically every day for one thing or another.
The older men who bag the groceries and bring them to my car are all chatty and very nice.I am always talking to them.

Today,Ed,asked me how my vacation to Disney was. I was stunned since I had talked to him about this months ago. I gave him the short version of my pancreatitis story and he said,"You know what the cure for something like is? You just have to stay away from eating chicken."

I tried not to laugh or contradict him but it was tough. At first I thought he was joking but then I realized that he was serious. He continued,"Chicken is not good for you. Chicken and steak. You have to stay away from all that fat.Then you'll be ok." I just smiled,thanked him,told him to have a great day and drove away.
I can understand cutting down on steak but chicken? What the heck is wrong with chicken?

What is the weirdest advice that you ever got?

No comments: