Thursday, March 31, 2005

Teasing

Today,Lillianna and I were listening to the Grease song "Beauty School Drop-Out" while we were in the car. We have heard this song many times and I have actually explained the song,line for line to her so she would understand it. After she heard ".....turn in your teasing comb and go back to high school," I could see her puzzled face in the rear view mirror. "Turn what,Momma? What is he saying?" she asked.

I burst into a fit of laughter. She has never seen a teasing comb. I remember that crazy metal comb from my childhood. My mom teased her hair all the time in between her appointments at the beauty parlor. To preserve her hair sprayed "do" she clipped squares of toilet paper all around her head before she went to sleep. Ahh, the memories.

I explained the teasing process to Lillianna. Her little face lit up and she exclaimed,"Oh,I know what it is. Nana still uses that comb." That made me laugh. I forgot my mom must still tease her hair in spots. Some things never change.

Are you old enough for your mom to have used a tease comb?

No comments: