Thursday, March 24, 2005

Dear Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,
I know you must be very busy but I thought I would drop you a quick note to ask,"What the heck is going on?" I realize that we live in Massachusetts and our motto is,"If you don't like the weather,just wait a minute," but this Winter has been particularly rough on us. My daughter has had 6 or 7 snow days so far and at this rate she will be going to school until July.

Technically,Monday was the first day of Spring and Tuesday was such a warm and wonderful day we all ran around in a light jacket or with no jacket at all.My daughter wore a spring dress with pretty white tights to school. It gave us hope and brought us one step out of our Winter depression.Seeing the grass even though it was brown and not green made us feel better than looking at everything covered in white. Wednesday was a little cooler but the joy of Spring stayed in our hearts.

This morning,the white returned. I sent my child to school in her Winter jacket,boots,mittens and scarf. Snow was brushed off the cars. The plows are in the parking lot clearing out parking spaces. I am ironing a long sleeved shirt for work.

So, I just want to know.....when the heck is Spring coming to stay?

Sincerely,
Robin

No comments: