Saturday, March 12, 2005

I've lost my enthusiasm.Let me know if you find it.

In the past two weeks I have felt like all of the joy has been sucked out of me.It's not like I can even say it's this one thing,because it isn't.It's a bunch of little irritants and situations I can't do anything about that are chipping away at me like a woodpecker pecking at my brain. I wake up in the middle of the night worrying about how this bill will be paid or how we will ever buy a house since we don't have the money to do it or how I'm going to add in hours to my work schedule when I am already working 36 hours a week. All I can think about is how we can make more money.It consumes my every thought and I hate it.

Some days,I just want to stay in bed and sleep the day away and forget that my life is not going in the direction that I had planned.I suppose it's in my favor that my life is so busy I can't even wallow in self-pity and give into the depression.Ok, so I wallow a little but I can't even indulge in a good old-fashioned pity party. I just have to keep going and do the best I can.

I try to focus on the fact that I have a wonderful husband and a very loving child. We are in good health (knock on wood),we live in a nice apartment and we both have jobs and cars.I know there are families who don't even have that much. I just wish life wasn't so difficult financially and that we could spend some time as a family on the weekends instead of me working all of the time. I am sure we will get on the right track eventually but until then it's pretty darn tricky to cope some days.

How do you cheer yourself up in the difficult times?

No comments: