Thursday, March 24, 2005

My husband cracks me up!

I did not feel this was worthy of space on my blog but Rich is insisting that I write about what happened this morning.

I was sitting at the computer which is in the corner of our bedroom. Rich was standing in the doorway which is across the room on my right side. I was typing and looking at the computer screen and Rich began to talk. I continued typing but turned to look at him. That just about freaked him out.

He took a step backwards as if he had seen a venomous snake and shrieked,"I hate when you do that!" I just looked at him in confusion and asked,"Do what?" He said,"Type without looking at the keys." I rolled my eyes at him and in my usual sarcastic tone I said,"Ya, well it's called typing! "But you didn't even look!" he said accusingly.
I sighed. "Didn't you ever take typing in school? It was mandatory for us in 7th grade. We had to take half a semester whether we wanted to or not. Once you know where the keys are, you just type." Rich's typing technique is the good old "hunt and peck" method. He looks for the letter for a few seconds and then pounds it with one finger. It works but it's a little slow.

Rich said,"Ya, well it's not like the keys are in alphabetical order or anything."
I just laughed and said,"Didn't they offer typing at your school?"
He said,"Well I had my choice of typing or Home-Economics. I chose Home-Ec so that I could make breakfast for myself." How can you argue with that?

Is there anything that you do that you consider ordinary but your spouse thinks it's extraordinary?

No comments: