Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Don't blame me!

Rich called me at work on Sunday to ask where I put the laundry card. In our apartment complex we have cards to run the washer and dryer. I had just put $15 on our card so I was aggravated when Rich asked this question especially since I was having a very stressful day. My fingers were so swollen I had to remove my rings. I was convinced my blood pressure was up and I was scared. Going to the ER at work would've meant losing a day's pay and sitting in the ER for hours. I didn't want to do that. I tried to put it out of my mind but thinking that I could have a stroke at any minute was rather nerve racking..

So there I was,all stressed and frazzled and Rich was freaking out about the laundry card and saying that I was the last to use it. Just what I needed! Now we've lost $15 and we still have a huge pile of dirty laundry. I could only to talk to him for 2 seconds because my head was splitting and we said good-bye.

When I came home at 4:45pm Rich met me downstairs to carry up the groceries. Sheepishly he said,"Uhm,I found the laundry card." I asked him where he had found it. "Let's just say I found it and leave it at that." Hell no!!! I wanted to know more and I told him he had to tell me. "Well..... it was in the shirt pocket of the shirt I was wearing," he looked down at his feet and said,"Sorry,honey." I burst out laughing.
I just knew it wasn't my fault!!!!!

Do you apologize after you have wrongly accused your spouse?

No comments: