Monday, June 21, 2004

Lillianna's Papa

Mom and John have been together for 14 years. My dad died 16 1/2 years ago and Rich's dad died 5 weeks after Lillianna was born. John is the only Papa that Lillianna has ever known.

Mom called around 6:15pm to say that John was in the hospital. He hadn't been feeling well for a week or so and today after doing yard work he really didn't feel well. Mom insisted on taking him to the hospital.

Apparently he didn't have a heart attack but the doctor said, "Something is brewing." He is in ICU of a local hospital but tomorrow he will be transfered to a hospital in Boston for further tests.

Lillianna has been agitated and teary since I told her the news after I first spoke to Mom. I have assured her that Papa will be fine and that Nana got him to the hospital before anything serious happened. She has been waiting for hours for my mom to call back with an update but it's now 10pm and I can't reach mom at home or on her cell phone.
Lillianna has finally fallen asleep on my bed.

I just want to hear from my mom that John will be ok. He can be challenging sometimes but he adores Lillianna. He is putty in her hands. All she has to do is ask for something and John grants her every wish. He takes her for walks and bike rides. He dances and sings with her. She adores him.

I hope mom calls soon.

2 comments:

AGK said...

Hope everything turns out OK... (((HUGS)))

Tuesday Girl said...

I will keep you and your family in my prayers!