Friday, May 27, 2005

My funny husband

It's a known fact that I love ice cubes. I usually buy one bag at a time but for the past couple of weeks I have been buying 2 at each shopping trip. This morning I went food shopping at 7:30am so that I could be back by 8:15am to take Lillianna to school. When I returned home, I called Rich on the cell phone and he came downstairs to bring up all the groceries. This is why I go shopping before he leaves for work!

As he was unpacking, he began to huff and puff over all the frozen items: waffles,2 pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream (I had a coupon!),Italian sausages and hamburgs.
"Keep some room for the 2 bags of ice cubes," I reminded him.

"Two bags? You bought two bags of ice?" he asked incredulously.

"Yes, I bought two bags of ice," I said as if speaking to a child."Put it in perspective for G-d's sake. It's not like I just came home and told you I was having an affair!" I said sarcastically.

"An affair I could handle right now but not two bags of ice!" he said seriously.

This is why I always said I had to marry a funny guy. Rich has a way of making me laugh. Just so you know, he did manage to fit the ice in the freezer without too much difficulty! He always does.

No comments: