Friday, May 20, 2005

A bad PMS morning

I have heard it said that Lizzie Borden killed her parents during PMS. Ya,I can totally see that. Hormones are perplexing things. They make a sane woman act irrationally at times. I guess that's what happened to me today.

Rich told me to set the alarm for 6:30am. He was going to get up early and do the laundry. (It's dog eat dog in our apartment laundry room so he had to get up earlier than normal to get a washer.) When the alarm went off, I tapped Rich and told him it was time to get up. He mumbled something that sounded like, "I want to eat my shoe with rice," but I think he said, "I didn't get any sleep last night." I'm not sure.Then he asked if I had enough clean clothes for the day. When I said that I did, he put 2 pillows over his head and continued sleeping.The bottom line was, he was not getting up any time soon.

I hauled my tired body out of bed and went to take my shower. I got dressed, dried my hair and went into the bedroom to glare at my sleeping husband. Out cold! Damn him! I'm tired too, you know. It was 7:15am.
I got Lillianna her clothes,gave her breakfast,combed her hair and put it up in a ponytail then I went and glared at Rich some more.

"Ok, YOU! It's Eight o'clock.I think you need to get up now!!" I said in a not so loving way. Rich mumbled something and he got out of bed. I informed him that after I dropped Lillianna off at school at 8:20am, I was going food shopping and would be home before 9:00am so that he could carry up the bags of groceries. Oh, how he loves that!

Shopping was stressful because I only had 15 minutes to shop and I forgot a bunch of things since I went in without a list. No time to write one this morning. All Lillianna mentioned was, "Don't forget the Sunny Doodles!" Ya, I got those.
I got home at 8:50am and Rich came downstairs to meet me.

He popped his bagel in the toaster while I ran around making his lunch. Then, sensing my stress and tension, he did what any eight year old,uhm, excuse me, thirty eight year old would do. He put his finger near my face and in a little boy voice said,"I'm not touching you." I continued to make his sandwich and he kept trying to make me laugh but I had a blaring headache and no patience so I did what any other PMS stricken woman would do. I punched him in the stomach.
He said I hit like a girl but he doubled over clutching his stomach. OOOOOOPS!
Well, the moral of the story is, don't piss off the wife!

Are you bothered by PMS?

No comments: