Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Express Yourself

I have always loved cute or funny sayings. I remember in High School, there was a desk in my Spanish class that had the following sayings on them:

1) Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. So why not get wasted and have the time of your life? (Please keep in mind this went completely against my way of thinking but for some reason, it always made me laugh.)

2)This is national sex week. Give til it hurts.

3) Dyslexics of the world......UNTIE!

I must say that overall, the funniest thing I ever heard was in Israel. I forget who I was mad at but one of my friends did something that really made me mad. I was 23 years old and at the time, many of my friends were guys who didn't have a lot of commone sense. So I could've been mad at anyone for doing anything!

I stomped over to my friend Pnina's house. She was married and had 3 kids and she was about 7 years older than me. Many times she was my voice of reason. After hearing my story, she babbled something in Hebrew. Seeing my confused face she said, "How I say in English?" She thought for a moment and then she explained, "It means, 'I wouldn't put sh** on their head. It's a pity on the sh**!' Now you see?"

I looked at her and then burst out laughing. I had never heard anything like that before. That totally described many people that I knew. The sh** was too good for them. I thought that was the funniest thing I had ever heard in my life. To this day, that is my favorite expression.

What is your favorite expression?

No comments: