Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Gay bashers protest 12 year old's winning essay

What kind of world do we live in? A 12 year old girl writes a winning essay about a woman in history and now her school will be invaded by angry protesters. Oh,did I mention that this girl wrote about Ellen DeGeneres? My goodness! What was she thinking? We all know that Ellen is (please say in hushed tones)a lesbian! I know. It's hard to believe but Ellen has openly declared her attraction to women. How could anyone admire such a person? Apparently that is what the angry mob is wondering.

Gay bashers are coming from other states to protest at the middle school.
On the news yesterday, the principal said the essay won based on the student's writing not on the subject matter.
I say, "Who gives a rat's ass?" and I mean that sincerely.

She won. Everyone say it with me, "Yay!" Most people would congratulate this girl but oh no......let's jump on the gay bashing bandwagon and make a mountain out of a mole hill, shall we? G-d knows we don't have enough to worry about!

Well, there's the war in Iraq, people are flying into the U.S.A who are on a "no fly" list but they still make it to Maine. The whole object of being on this list is so that these people DON'T GET ON THE PLANE IN THE FIRST PLACE! Fathers are killing their precious children on a whim. Husbands are killing their pregnant wives and lying about it. Parents are beating their children. Children are doing drugs.......the list is endless if you think about it. But let's not think about that. Instead,let's drive thousands of miles to go scare the crap out of the whole middle school with this ridiculous protest. 'Cuz golly gee, that sounds like a good way to spend my time.

The bottom line is, life is short.....too short. I don't care what religion you are. I don't believe that G-d is a judgemental and vindictive entity. I believe that He/She is pro-love and kindness. That's all. Now I am not asking you to support the gay community. That's an individual choice.But is picketing and protesting at a middle school an appropriate response to a 12 year old's winning essay about a woman in history who just happens to be a lesbian?

I don't think so. Do you?

No comments: