Wednesday, January 17, 2007

You call this progress?

I was talking to Mom yesterday and I asked her how she dealt with handling all the bills when I was a kid. Dad never gave a thought to paying anything,he just worked really hard and handed Mom his check every week. She did the rest.
Sadly,this scene is all too familiar.

I said that I was completely overwhelmed with all the bills that come on a daily basis and I practically hyperventilate every time I get the mail. Mom said that there was no cable,computer,cell phones or extras on the phone bill. Everything was simple and straight forward.

Obviously,somewhere in my brain,I knew that fact but it didn't actually register until she said it. I miss the simpler times but I like the technology that we have now......I think.

I just wish everything was more affordable.

No comments: