Friday, January 05, 2007

I just need a break

This past week has felt especially overwhelming to me. Sometimes,I think about what I have to do each day and I just sigh. Being a mom and a wife brings responsibilities that have begun to get me down. We all have too much to do in our lives but lately,too much has turned into way too much.

I am now working 48 hours a week since I added babysitting for "A" into my schedule at the beginning of December. She is wonderful and being with her sure beats listening to people complain during an eye exam so I was happy to give up that crappy job on Thursdays to be with her. That doesn't change the fact that I am mentally and physically exhausted.

I don't mean to say it is any more than most moms do,it's just that moms do a lot of things that go unacknowledged by the family. That's sad. It really is.
I know that I probably don't appreciate some of the things that Rich does although I do thank him when he cleans and does the laundry since I hate doing both of those things.

Today is another day of running around on my "day off." There are things that have to get done and I'm the one to do them. I'd really rather curl up in bed and take a 3 hour nap to prepare me for the working weekend ahead but there is no time for that.

What do you do when you just need a break? How can I make time for myself?

No comments: