Sunday, September 10, 2006

WWKD? That's the question!

I have seen the WWJD (What Would Jesus Do?)bumper stickers and jewelry everywhere.
This morning,I had to ask myself a very different question,"WWKD?" (What Would Kris Do?)

If you read our DotMoms post from the other day,you would know that Kris had an incident with her coffee and some linty paper towels on the day that we met. She was very calm,cool and collected in spite of her brown coffee stains. She didn't let that interfere with the fun filled day that we had planned.

This morning,as I was driving to work at 6:00am,the straw from my ice coffee drizzled down my white shirt. For a moment,I seriously thought of turning around and going home to change but I didn't want to be late for work. I wanted to scream because nothing looks worse on a white shirt than brown stains.I looked like a cow.

Okay,maybe blood stains on white would be worse but since I wasn't shot or stabbed,the coffee stain seemed quite overwhelming to me. I sighed and thought,"What Would Kris Do?" Of course,I knew exactly what she would do. She would just take a deep breath,enjoy the rest of the drive and take care of it when she got to work.

I didn't cry,whine or throw my coffee out the window. I took a deep breath,listened to my country CD and waited until I got to work. Guess what? The coffee stains came out after I washed them. It was a miracle.

So,if you're ever in a situation that requires a cool head,just ask yourself,"WWKD?" I know that's what helped me!

No comments: