Friday, June 24, 2005

Is it dinner time again?

Is it just me or are there other moms out there who are just sick of cooking dinner? Maybe I would enjoy it more if my family actually ate things that I liked but they are very simple folk, and cooking is a chore for me rather than something fun and interesting.

I can get away with "pizza night" on Mondays when Lillianna has hip-hop class because we don't get home until 7:15pm so pizza is easy.
I slip some Chinese take-out in every few weeks when we have a little extra money because that is a family favorite. What am I supposed to do for the rest of the time?

That leaves Tuesday,Wednesday and Friday for me to whip up some marvelous meal for dinner. (I work Thursday nights so Lillianna eats at my Mom's house and that is cereal night for Rich. Sundays I come home from work at 4:00pm so Rich usually cooks something.)

I have written about our meal dilemmas before but right now,I have to pick Lillianna up from her last day of school and then run to the supermarket for dinner fixins and I don't know what the heck to fix!!!!! It all seems boring to me. I don't even have the desire to come up with something creative.
Nothing sounds appealing. Rich always says that whatever I make is fine but I don't think I can even muster fine today.

How do you make meal planning a fun experience?

No comments: