Sunday, June 05, 2005

The reason society is confused

Ambiguous messages are everywhere in our society. We are constantly bombarded with ads to exercise,take vitamins and eat healthy. They are always followed by commercials of fast food restaurants telling us that it is a bargain to "super size" our meal.A large French fry can now feed a family of 3 or you can just eat it all yourself! Eat smart or super size? Hmmmmmmm....let me think a minute and I'll get back to you.

Today I passed the ice cream stand that proudly boasts that it has a petting zoo. A petting zoo! Leads you to believe there are animals that you can ....oh,I don't know....pet? Well, when you go inside to the chicks and bunnies the large sign boldly states, "DO NOT PET THE ANIMALS!!!" Lillianna and I were very confused when we went a couple of years ago and we have never been back. I can not pet animals anywhere. What's my incentive to not pet them there?

Right before I got home this afternoon, I passed another odd sign.
"4th of July Fireworks on June 25th!" I know we interchange Independence Day with The 4th of July but the 4th of July is an actual day in a month and can't be switched with another day of the year.

And while I'm at it, why do restaurants and stores insist on spelling coming with 2 m's on their gigantic signs? Comming soon! How hard is that to spell?

I was particularly bitchy today so these things irked me. What do you hate about the signs you see?

No comments: