Saturday, June 11, 2005

Dinner, anyone?

I just called Rich who is at my sister's house with Lillianna having a grand old time celebrating Lena's 7th birthday. When I asked Rich what Lillianna was eating for dinner, I didn't believe the answer he gave me. I had to speak to my mother to confirm this.

"What is my daughter eating?" I asked incredulously.

"She has a hot dog roll and you know, cheese things inside," my mother explained.

"What kind of cheese?" I questioned. (Lillianna doesn't eat cheese on it's own so this sounded doubtful.)

"You know,curled cheese," she said.

"You mean like cheese doodles?" I asked,hoping I had made a mistake.

"Ya, cheese doodles."

"My child is eating a cheese doodle sandwich?.....a cheese doodle sandwich?" I asked, half amused but slightly horrified.

"Ya. I'll get her to eat some fruit later," Mom reassured me.

"Uhm, okay," I said as I hung up the phone.

I suppose nutrition is a non-issue when a child is having fun.

What's the weirdest thing your child has eaten as a meal?

No comments: