Monday, September 20, 2004

Today I wore a sweatshirt

I suppose that doesn't sound like such a big deal but for those who know me in "real life" you know that is quite an amazing statement since I am always hot. Well, not hot as in "Wow, she's one hot mama!" but hot as in, "Holy moly!!! Someone put the a/c on in here before you have to call 911 and I am hospitalized for heat stroke!"

I drive my co-workers crazy some days because we are in a small room with one window and I am always sweating in that place. I wear short sleeves most of the year and I am still hot. Poor Bobbi, she is usually wrapped in a coat and blanket when we work together because I am not satisfied until I make it cold enough to snow. She will approach my desk with her blue lips and chattering teeth and ask sweetly, "Do you mind if I turn the heat up a little bit?" I usually feel bad for causing her such discomfort and I reluctantly say, "Uhm, ok." As she passes my desk she says, "Feel how cold my hands are." I reach out and hold her hand as her eyes open wide in surprise. In her southern drawl she exclaims,"Damn! Your hands are HOT!"

When I took Lillianna to school this morning I put on my zippered sweatshirt. As we got in the car she said, "Mom, please, no air conditioner this morning, ok?" I answered, "Here's a helpful tip. If Mommy is wearing a sweatshirt...it's cold out! There is definitely no air condtioner today!"
When Rich was getting ready to leave this morning he asked, "Is it cold out?" I replied, "I wore a sweatshirt." No more explanation was needed. He grabbed a jacket.

Are you a hot or cold person?

No comments: