Monday, September 20, 2004

So much whine and no one to share it with.

I would whine loudly today if I could talk! It seems that the little cold Lillianna caught in school and decided to share with me has created a bad case of laryngitis. My famous post nasal drip has made a comeback. It went on retreat five months ago and I haven't missed it one bit. Now my throat is irritated from the drip and I can't talk and I can barely swallow. I had to cancel my dentist appointment for 9:00am today since I can't recline or I will cough. I waited three months for that appointment and I really needed to go today. I left a message on their answering machine at 7:30am but when I was done Lillianna asked, "Do you think they could hear you?" I wasn't sure so I just had Rich call back and leave a new message at 8:50am to make sure they got the first one. Luckily I can rest and relax today. Tomorrow is another story.

I am supposed to work from 7:45am-5:00pm tomorrow and if I can't talk then I can't work.My whole day consists of talking to patients and doing eye exams. It is especially hard with the elderly who have hearing loss. Hearing loss plus laryngitis equals huge frustration. Since I am per diem I have no benefits which means no work, no money. I am in a panic over the possibility of not being able to work tomorrow.

Usually this illness which I get 4-6 times per year lasts for 7-10 days. The last time I had this it somehow turned into pneumonia and I was sick for 2 months. That was unbearable and frustrating. Everytime I went to the doctor he gave me new meds and nothing ever seemed to work except time and rest! That should be so simple to do but it isn't. I can definitely rest today but tomorrow.....sheesh.....what am I going to do?

I will keep drinking my tea and eating my home-made soup and hope for the best.

Well, I guess I can whine with laryngitis. Thank goodness for blogs!

No comments: