Friday, November 17, 2006

Gay penguins.....who cares?

I would love to go around the world and just smack stupid people on the head. It would be a time consuming job but I think it would be worth it.

I have made my stand on homosexuality pretty clear. I don't care if someone is gay.
I also don't care what religion someone is. It has nothing to do with me. Nothing at all. I don't listen to people who say that being gay is a sin and that every gay person will be on a one way voyage to hell. If G-d loves everyone and He created man in His image,then wouldn't He love homosexuals too?

I was outraged when SpongeBob SquarePants was "outed." He's a cartoon.....and a sponge! Get a life,people.

Today I read an article about a children's book that stirred me up. It's a book,based on a true story about 2 male penguins at the zoo who adopt a baby penguin and raise it as their own. Parents are outraged. What else is new? Apparently there are gay penguins in the world but I can't help but wonder why this is a crisis.

The thing is,it's about creating a family from love. It doesn't talk about the 2 male penguins having sex. What the hell is wrong with a loving family? In this day and age where kids are basically raising themselves,it's nice to know that there are families out there.

I loved the book Heather Has Two Mommies. Lillianna and I read it together when she was 6 or 7. It explains how families may look different but they are all made up of love. Love....isn't that the most important thing? Well,isn't it?

Would you let your child read And Tango Makes Three?

No comments: