Sunday, November 05, 2006

Twelve years?

November 5,1994........It was an Indian summer in Massachusetts on the day we got married. Everything was perfect. I look back on that day and think,"We had no clue!" We were so sure that life would be wonderful and carefree because we were in love.
Anyone who says that marriage is easy is either single or a big fat liar pants! Marriage is many things.....easy is not one of them.

Over the years, we have survived the death of family members,loss of jobs,moving 3 times,a six month separation,2 different marriage counselors,my pancreatitis attack in Disney and the every day stresses that life brings to unsuspecting couples who think that love conquers all.

After 12 years I have decided that a good marriage is a work in progress. I know that with all life's ups and downs,I wouldn't want to share them with anyone but Rich. Even the times when I threaten to kill him while he's sleeping,he knows I'm joking. He's darn lucky that I fight like a girl. Otherwise,I could be typing this from prison.

At this point,after all we've been through,I think it's safe to say we won't give up now. This marriage is forever......for better or for worse.

Happy anniversary,honey. I love you.

No comments: