Sunday, October 15, 2006

Is this really romantic?

Yesterday,I was reading a magazine article about spicing up your love life. Rich and I agree that we have lost the romance over the years and we try to do little things to show how much we love and appreciate one another. These days,I fall in love with him time and time again when he cleans the kitchen for me. That is true romance to me.

I know we need to try to be "really" romantic so I read this article with interest.
It suggested that I write a list with items such as chocolate sauce,whipped cream,cherries and other delectable items and give it to my husband to go shopping. While he is in the supermarket,I am supposed to call him and tell him what sexy plan I have for these items.

I don't know where you people shop but the two supermarkets I shop in have about a 5% chance of getting cell phone reception in there. I laughed when I thought of what Rich's end of the conversation might sound like as he yelled into his cell phone.

"Hi,Honey........what?....What?....What about the chocolate sauce?.......You're planning on pouring it on some guy?......what guy?....... not a guy?..........whose thigh?......Chocolate sauce on someone's thigh?.....When did this happen?.....Was it an accident?.....What?.....Forget about the chocolate sauce?.....Ok,I'll cross it off the list.

.......What?......what about pickles?.....I don't have pickles on the list.......I don't understand why you're yelling "pickles"......I can hear you,Honey,"pickles,pickles,pickles,pickles,"....Fine I'll get you pickles.

.....pickles and whipped cream?.....Now that's just gross!....I have seen you eat some odd foods before but this takes the cake........You're not saying pickles?......You're saying nickels?......Do you need me to cash in some nickels at Coin Star?......I have enough money.....Now you're chanting "nickels,nickels,nickels"....why are you doing that?

.....Why are you yelling at me?.....Stop screaming!.....You're not saying nickels?

......nipples?....Why are you saying that?......Listen,Honey,clearly you are confused and hysterical. I'm going to grab a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.All this talk of food has made me hungry.
Can I pick you up anything?.....Hello?.....Honey?.....Where did ya go?

No comments: