Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Coining a new phrase

Rich and I were watching the news this morning which is always a big mistake. Every time there is a story about child abuse or a parent doing something stupid with their child,Rich calls me into the living room,"Honey....honey....quick come here. This will make you crazy." He's right. These stories drive me insane.

I told him that I'm not overly paranoid but I do take precautions with Lillianna. I don't leave her alone in the car or at home.(I recently read a story in Reader's Digest where both parents had to run in the house "for a minute" and left their 2 small children alone in the suv parked in the driveway. Hmmmm....what could possibly happen? Oh...I know....the suv was CARJACKED!!The parents are lucky that the kids are alive and ok!)

I don't let Lillianna cook by herself. I still supervise her Easy Bake Oven just in case that light bulb gets out of hand. It is electricity afterall and I had a hair dryer catch on fire in college.I didn't heed the warning:"Don't leave it plugged in when not in use!" Thank goodness I was in the room at the time.

My point is,I try not to be a crazed, over protective mother but I am a mom with common sense and I don't believe in taking unnecessary chances with my daughter's life.

Rich made me laugh when he said,"You're not paranoid.
You're parent-noid!"
I like that phrase! I think I'll start using it.

Are you parent-noid?

No comments: