Sunday, October 08, 2006

All day on the couch

Sometime at the end of last week,I got sick. My nose was congested and I felt really run down. I guess working for Kara for 1 1/2 weeks,still working last weekend at one of my jobs, celebrating Lillianna's birthday at my mom's on Tuesday,participating in Walk Your Child To School Day on Wednesday at 7am and throwing Lillianna's sleep over party on Friday,just got the best of me.

All the children got picked up by 11:30am yesterday and I got to work at 1:00pm as scheduled. I was exhausted and more congested than the day before. Talking non-stop on the phone for 6 hours wore me down. The people I was speaking to had a hard time hearing me when my voice cracked and no amount of hot tea relieved my throat.

By the end of my shift,I knew there was no way I could go in for 8 hours today. My throat couldn't take it and I knew I had to rest. Unfortunately,I always feel guilty when I have to call in sick to a job. I feel like I've let everyone down especially if we are short staffed,which we are.

My doctor always tells me to be careful with my health since my diabetes diagnosis last year. I do try to take care of myself so I decided not to push it and just relax today.

I slept until 8:40am which was better than if I had gone to work and had to wake up at 4:30am. I spent the whole day in my jammies and lying on the couch. I alternated between watching a marathon of The A-Team on TV Land and napping. I also had to endure the painful teasing of my husband who mocked me for watching The A-Team.

I finally got off the couch at 4:30pm and started making my cure for everything...home made chicken soup! Tomorrow is Columbus Day and Lillianna is home from school so it will be another resting day for both of us. I really need it!

No comments: