Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The rude and nasty driver

I was on my way to work this morning when I encountered a rude and nasty driver. Oh, I am quite sure you are shocked by this since most drivers are polite and courteous,aren't they?

I was at the end of the road,trying to go straight across this road which has traffic moving in both directions and then to take a left and merge into two lane traffic. The tricky part is that just because it's clear on one side,doesn't mean it's clear on the other side. Sometimes,you just have to wait.

Apparently,the impatient lunatic behind me,must've finished her double shot of Dunkin'Donuts coffee and was just not able to sit for the few seconds it took to make sure I wouldn't get killed when I pulled out of the street.
Maybe it was the 95 degree weather,although her windows were up so I am guessing she had air conditioning or maybe it was the fact that she was just a raving bitch, but right before I was going to pull out, she began to frantically honk the horn and gesture rudely.

I couldn't believe it. I wanted to laugh. She looked ridiculous. So, I looked at her in my rear view mirror and threw my hands up over my hand. Kind of like the "raise the roof" dance that Lillianna learned in Hip Hop Class. It may have been goofy but she was being stupid. Did she want me to plunge into the traffic so that I could be killed? Like I always tell Lillianna,"There's no where that I want to be so badly,that I am willing to arrive there,dead!" Wasn't the saying, "Arrive Alive!" a few years back? Ya, well I think that's a good motto to live by!!
Don't you?

No comments: