Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A good laugh

Today I had the pleasure of meeting a very nice 80 year old woman. We started talking and she said she feels bad for the parents of today because times are so different.

Me: I know what you mean. I have a 7 year old daughter and I tell her things now that I didn't know until I was in my late teens.

Woman: I agree. Everything now is sex,sex,sex. It's crazy what the kids are seeing.

Me: It's true. It's hard to keep her innocence.

Woman: Sex is everywhere now. It's different from back in my day. I was a late bloomer back then. I didn't know anything about sex. It wasn't until I was about 20 years old that I realized I was a sex!

I burst out laughing. That just struck me in such a way that I laughed all the way from my toes. My laughing caused her to start laughing.
We both felt much better afterwards. Sometimes, you just have to laugh.

No comments: