Saturday, July 30, 2005

Just a dream

The other night I had a dream about Lillianna. In my eyes,it was a nightmare. I wasn't Lillianna's mother. I was her babysitter.
She lived in a huge house with a selfish,hip and happening mother named,Linda.
Lillianna was still the precious,funny and loving child she has always been but her mom was not very nice.

In the dream,Linda called me to come over and watch Lillianna. She said she had to go to work. When I got there, I could see that a huge pool party was in progress and Linda was having a good old time for herself. I was told to keep Lillianna in the house. I hugged Lillianna and kissed her and we went to find something to do. She looked longingly out of the window at the people having fun in the pool.
"Can I go swimming too?" she asked me. I told her no. Her mom said no. In my head I couldn't imagine why Linda wouldn't let Lillianna join in the fun. It killed me that she didn't appreciate this child.

Finally I went outside and asked Linda why Lillianna couldn't swim. "It's too cold!"she insisted. "Keep her inside. I'm busy," and she ran off with her friends to have a cigarette. Lillianna looked at me with her huge sad eyes and I hugged her.
I could feel my heart breaking. I wished she were my chid.
Then I woke up.

I hate that dream.
Lillianna is such a joy to us. She is filled with life,laughter and love.

I let her go swimming on Monday with her friend Maddie even though it wasn't that hot out. She was so grateful. Suzie and I just laughed. As long as we didn't have to go in and the girls were happy,we didn't care if they swam all day.
I agree to lots of things that Lillianna asks to do because life is short. You gotta have fun when you can get it.

Thank goodness it was only a dream and I am really Lillianna's mom. It's the best job I have ever had.

I love you,Pumpkin!!

Have you ever had a dream like that?

No comments: