Friday, April 06, 2007

Paying the price of being sick

Literally! Since we won't have insurance for 30 days,I had to make a decision about my health. I've been getting worse all week and I've been dizzy since yesterday off and on which I think may be a sinus problem. The bottom line is.....I feel like crap!

I checked out employee health at work but they want me to see my pcp. I was trying to avoid paying hundreds of dollars for a visit with my pcp but that is what has to happen. I can't go on like this. So,I made an appt for 2:30pm today in urgent care since my doctor has Friday's off and as long as I arrive with at least $75 today,I can be seen.
I think this is more than post nasal drip. It's never made me dizzy before.

What made me stop being stubborn was when my friend Amy called me this morning.Her daughter and Lillianna have been best friends for 6 years and they're in the same dancing class. We were talking about the costumes we got on Wednesday because there is a problem with one of them and after talking to her for 10 minutes,I went into a coughing fit.....again!!! I got so dizzy that I asked Lillianna to be in charge of snacks so that I could go in my room with a cup of tea for 15 minutes. (She had 3 of the girls who are going to the dude ranch with us in June sleep over last night.)

My poor child said,"I'll take care of it,Mom. You've done enough." She makes me want to cry sometimes. She kept thinking I would cancel this party because I was sick but since I thought it was post nasal drip,I figured I'd tough it out and let her have fun. I hope this is nothing contagious. I'll feel like the worst mom on the planet.

The problem is I have 4 hours of eye exams to do in the morning,followed my 6 1/2 hours of answering the phone at my other job and then Sunday it's 8 hours of answering the phone. That's over 18 hours of non-stop talking this weekend. I couldn't even make it through 10 minutes with Amy. I hope the doctor gives me an antibiotic. I have to get better!!!

Last night I slept in bed for the first time in a week. I had just about fallen asleep when Rich turned over suddenly as if he heard one of the kids in the other room. I asked him what was wrong. He said,"Did you hear a baby crying?" I sighed and said,"That's me. That's one of the sounds my throat and chest make now."

When will I feel better??

No comments: