Monday, May 07, 2007

Date night

Lillianna had her dress rehearsal on Saturday from 2:30pm-5:00pm so I had to take off both jobs in order to make this all happen. I didn't want to work in the morning and then come home at 1:00pm. I wouldn't have had enough time to curl her hair and get her ready. Formal portraits were being done that day instead of the week before at the dance studio so she had to be picture perfect.

After the dress rehearsal,we drove Lillianna to Plymouth for a birthday sleepover which had actually started at 1:00pm. We got her there by 6:30pm and the party was still in full swing. She gave us a hug and ran off with the rest of the girls. We asked Suzie and George for a suggestion on where we should go for dinner then we headed to downtown Plymouth.

We parked the car and then walked around looking at different restaurant menus and deciding where we wanted to go. We decided on Mama Mia's which we used to go to a lot when Rich worked at his old job because there was one right around the corner.

We were seated immediately which was a relief since we were both starving. Rich and I don't date much but when we do,it's such a nice treat. Our last night out,just the two of us,was in November. We don't have any couple time because of our work schedule....okay,my work schedule! This will all be changing next week after I work my last day at my night and weekend job. I can't wait.

After dinner,we walked around near The Mayflower ship and Plymouth Rock. It's right before tourist season so it wasn't very crowded,thank goodness. I hate crowds.

On the drive home,we stopped for ice cream at a yummy place that Rich knew about and I got my favorite soft serve low fat coffee ice cream. It was delicious and it was the perfect end to a fun night with my husband.

I fell asleep on the drive home and went straight to bed since I had to be up at 4:00am to go to work on Sunday. I think we are going to have to make lots more time for date night. We both deserve it!

How often do you get a date night with your spouse?

No comments: