Friday, May 18, 2007

An unexpected visitor

I was singing to the radio and sipping my coffee on the 35 minute drive to work this morning when my car suddenly filled up with the scent of Old Spice. I looked around to see what could possibly cause that smell. I didn't see anything but it smelled like someone dropped a bottle of this after shave in the back seat of the car.

After Dad died almost 20 years ago,I took his Old Spice bottle and saved it until about 2 months ago when I did a huge cleaning and decided most of the after shave had evaporated. Reluctantly I threw it away. His memory isn't in an old dusty bottle and I think I finally realized that.

As I inhaled that familiar smell,my eyes got teary and I said,"Hi Daddy......I miss you." The smell of Old Spice lasted for about a minute and then it suddenly disappeared. Daddy's birthday is in 3 days. I guess he just wanted to pay me a little visit. I love when that happens.

No comments: