Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Another happy day

Saturday was my last day working at the hospital. I will definitely miss a lot of people but overall,I was thrilled to be out of there. Sunday was the first time I could sleep past 4:30am on the weekend. It was lovely!

Mother's Day ended up being the best day of all. We went to my sister's house for a delicious gourmet breakfast.Peter made frittatas,waffles,sausages and a whole lot of scrumptious food. I had made home fries and bacon at home and brought it there. I'm not a sausage eater but they had this delicious chicken and apple sausage that had a little kick to it. I highly recommend it! We had so much fun being together and enjoying the yummiest meal ever.

I loved passing by the restaurants on the drive to Kara's house and seeing all the lines outside waiting to get in. There was no line at Kara's house which is good 'cuz I HATE waiting.

We left there around 1:30pm and drove home. I got Lillianna ready for her dance recital and we left home at 3:30pm. Her recital started at 4:30pm and she was a bright and shining star as usual. I had my tissues handy because I have yet to get through a recital without ending up in a pool of tears. I'm known for being a tad emotional. She was just amazing,if I do say so myself.

The recital ended at 7:00pm and we had made plans to go out for dinner with Lillianna's best friend,Mollie,and her family. Lillianna and Mollie have danced together for the past 6 years and her mom,Amy and I are good friends. Rich actually graduated high school with Mollie's dad. It's really a small world.

We went to a fun restaurant where I had only been for breakfast but their dinners and sandwiches were great. The girls sat at their own table next to us. They were thrilled. Mollie has an 11 year old sister and the three girls get along great together. We laughed and talked until 9:00pm and then we headed home. It was the perfect end to a wonderful day.

In fact,this whole week has been great so far. I've been working every morning at my ophthalmic tech job. So far I have had co-workers thank me for staying late for them so that they could go to lunch and one new tech told me she loved me today because I helped her figure something out. She's really funny because she actually used to work at Lillianna's dancing school so I knew her from there. When I saw her at work I was all confused. She's still learning the job and she was grateful for my help.

The doctors are thrilled that I added in more hours at this job and it's a great feeling to be appreciated. I guess I forgot how much I liked the doctors and co-workers at this job. I'm glad I'm back.

No comments: