Saturday, April 09, 2005

Scrapbook memories

I am still working on Kara's scrapbook for her birthday which was in October.Better late than never,right? Yesterday I worked on her book for 2 hours and it was very difficult. I managed to get 3 pages done but the page of my dad just about did me in.
Looking at Kara as a baby and small child with Dad just stabbed at my heart. I burst into tears.

Then I listened to the cassette I made when Kara was a baby through age 4 or 5. Keep in mind,I am almost 12 years older than Kara so I kept track of everything she said and did. I could hear my Dad's voice on the tape and I cried and cried.Lillianna ran to grab tissues for me and then she started to cry too. I keep thinking that I have learned to live without him over these past 17 years but it's just like he died yesterday. I still miss him so much and it's amazing that just the brief sound of his voice can reduce me to a pool of tears.

No comments: