Sunday, April 10, 2005

Foul language on the playground!

Yesterday, Rich took Lillianna to the playground so that she could enjoy the nice weather. When I called her from work to find out how her day was she said,"I saw Julia from my dancing class there." I told her that was nice but then she said,"It really wasn't. She swore,Mom." I asked her what she said and she refused to tell me. I asked if Rich had heard her and Lillianna said,"He knows what she said but when he tells you, I am going to put my hands over my ears and say 'Lalalalalalala' until he's done!"

When Rich got on the phone I asked him what happened. There are these 2 pipes that stand straight up with a shower head looking thingy on the end. They are about 15 feet away from each other. If one person talks into one of them,the other person can hear what they are saying through the second one. Kids love this! Apparently,Julia was at one of them and 2 boys were at the other. She yelled,"Hello!!! Can you hear me????" quite loudly and the boys replied,"You don't have to yell." This darling 7 year old then yelled,"Ass!!" to the boys. I forget what Rich said their response was but then Julia yelled,"You don't have to be a winy ass!!!"

Lillianna was horrified. I don't blame her. We don't say things like that to people.
I am sure it's something she has heard at home but I still think it's horrible. Rich said her mom was across the playground chatting with other moms at the time. We try very hard to keep our language clean around Lillianna. I would be devastated if Lillianna ever swore at someone.

Do you swear in front of your kids? Do you find they are repeating what they have heard?

No comments: